How to Prevent Mold Growth in Your Bathroom [DIY Tips]

How to Prevent Mold Growth in Your Bathroom? [DIY Tips]

There is no denying that mould growth is revolting, and finding it in your own home is not something you want to experience for any reason.

On the other hand, there are particular places inside your house where mould development is more likely to occur. Take a look at your restroom.

Do you have a problem with mould growing in your home? We will explain why mould keeps developing in your bathroom, whether or not it poses a threat to your family’s health, and how you may clean it up and improve the air quality within your home.

Why does my bathroom keep getting mold?

One word: Water. The bathroom is the section of the home that is exposed to the highest concentration of water because it is the room where you will most likely shower, wash your hands, and use the restroom.

Mold starts as mildew, which forms when surfaces are allowed to become moist and dirty without being dried or cleaned first. Mildew is the initial phase in the growth of mould, which happens when characters are allowed to become moist and unclean. Mold will eventually develop from mildew if given enough time.

Because mould thrives in moist surroundings, the bathroom in your home is an ideal area for the fungus to grow and spread because it is frequently damp. Suppose members of your household take a significant number of steamy showers regularly. In that case, the bathroom will become steamy and humid, increasing the likelihood of mildew and mould forming. This is especially the case if you keep the door to the bathroom closed while you shower, which keeps the indoor humidity in the room higher for a longer period than is strictly necessary.

Another prevalent perpetrator in these scenarios is caulk, which is on the point of cracking. When this happens, warm, moist air from the shower can seep into the crevices, allowing mould to start growing and spreading throughout the area.

Mold can also grow in areas with a water leak or a drain backed up. This can happen when there is a buildup of debris in the drain.

Is bathroom mold dangerous?

The vast majority of the time, mould growth indoors is nothing more than an eyesore. But sometimes, it can be dangerous. On the other side, it may function as an irritant and cause you to cough, have a sore throat, and run your nose if you suffer from allergies or asthma or are hypersensitive to moulds. These conditions can make you more susceptible to moulds. Mold can cause lung infections in people who already have weaker immune systems or who already suffer from a chronic lung illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These people are more likely to be affected by mould infections.

In particular, you need to keep an eye out for black mould, more often known as harmful mould. Mycotoxins are a form of mould that is dangerous to human health because fungi are responsible for their production. You and your family could risk various health problems if exposed to this mould. Some of these problems include the following:

  • Respiratory issues, such as coughing and sneezing, but also more serious issues like pneumonia
  • Headaches
  • Immune system issues
  • Sinus problems
  • Allergic reactions

Because of its murky and dark look, black mould is simple to identify.

How do you get rid of mold in the bathroom?

To get rid of mould in your bathroom, you can do a few various treatments you can do on your own using do-it-yourself methods.

Prepare a spray bottle with water and hydrogen peroxide in an equal part ratio. Spray the solution onto the affected area. You could also fill the container with water and add one teaspoon baking soda. This is an alternative option. After spraying this on the damaged area and waiting anywhere from five to ten minutes for it to take effect, you should see some results. Scrub it thoroughly with a sponge, and then wash it. You next need to dab some white vinegar onto the area and then wait for it to dry completely.

You may also purchase bleach and antifungal spray, which are examples of chemicals that were developed particularly for removing mould from commercial environments. First, spray the antifungal solution directly over the problematic region, then use the sponge to scrub the area thoroughly. If you follow the instructions on the bottle, you can decide how long you should leave the spray on the surface before washing it.

After that, you should spray the affected area with bleach spray, then let it sit for the period stated on the bottle before cleaning it up. After that, you can put vinegar on the affected area by applying it directly to the skin.

When performing industrial cleaning, you should always keep the windows open, wear a mask, and use rubber gloves. In addition, you should never forget to put on a show before putting on rubber gloves.

If you are having issues with mould as a result of the damage caused by water, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our sister firm, STOP Restoration. STOP offers its services to repair mould damage to residential and commercial customers. A free mould examination is performed on the property as part of these services.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *